People drive up for a sandwich and boxes of free produce at the No Greater Love Serve the City event at Mount Zion Baptist Church in Greensboro on Tuesday. The church partnered with Out of the Garden Project and Chick-fil-A for the fresh produce and sack lunches. Marcus Thomas, Dream Team director at the church, said they would serve between 1,600 and 1,700 people with the 33,000 pounds of produce they were giving away. “We’re just grateful for the opportunity to come out and serve the community and do our part to give back,” Thomas said.
- A Funnel Cloud with a Silver Lining – Featured on Triad Moms on Main
- Weekend birdies will help Wyndham Championship raise money for child hunger charities
- ‘It’s not good right now’: Wyndham Championship without fans creates challenges for its charities
- From the university with love: N.C. A&T’s College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences reaches out to help the community
- 800 free meals to be handed out at Greensboro church on Tuesday