google-site-verification: google9695f61ceef56c0a.html

Shared-Use Kitchen

Are you an entrepreneur looking for a kitchen to make your pre-packaged product to sell? Join our low-risk, shared-use community kitchen at 3910 Clifton Road in Greensboro, NC!


Apply to prepare your low-risk, packaged food product at our kitchen TODAY!


Already a kitchen user? Make a kitchen rental payment here!


What is a low-risk, shared-use community kitchen?


Low-risk: Only low-risk packaged food can be prepared in our kitchen. This includes: certain categories of baked goods, jams and jellies, candies, dried mixes, spices, certain sauces and liquids, and pickles and acidified foods. High-risk foods, such as products containing meat, bone, or specialty dairy products cannot be prepared here.


Shared-use: “A shared‐use commercial kitchen is a kitchen facility where local entrepreneurs and instructors can prepare and process their food products for the consumer market or hold cooking classes and demonstrations. These facilities are generally rented by the hour […]. Instead of taking on the considerable financial commitment of opening a private commercial kitchen, new or expanding small food businesses can take advantage of shared‐use commercial kitchens to help grow their enterprise[…]” ( from: The Shared Use Kitchen Planning Toolkit)


Community: Out of the Garden Project has the space and support to help you turn your recipes into market ready products. We know that starting a food business comes with many expenses, and hope our shared-use kitchen can create access and economic opportunity for our neighbors in Guilford County. Working in our kitchen means you can share experience and resources with a community of food entrepreneurs.


Kitchen: Our kitchen includes a 6-burner commercial range, convection oven, 10 and 20 quart commercial mixers, microwave oven, stainless steel tables for safe and sanitary food prep, a commercial fridge for cooling during production, and a locked space with shelving for dry storage.


What do I need to get started?


To use the kitchen, you please apply here. Additionally, you must have a Food Safety Manager Certificate through ServSafe or NC Safe Plate within the last 5 years. You must also have proof of food liability insurance and meet any required certifications and inspections. We can help with that! Contact for more information.


Follow us on social media to find out more about the entrepreneurs using our kitchen!


Share This